Polina Igorevna Kakin
- assistant professor
Korpus "И", section 3, room 413
Polina Kakin graduated SPSU (High energy and elementary particles physics department) with a master's degree in 2014.
She obtained a PhD degree in 2017 under supervision of prof. N.V. Antonov; the thesis title was "Critical behavior of some highly non-equilibrium systems".
Scientific interests: critical behavior theory, turbulence, renormalization group, representation theory.
Grants, scholarships, awards:
- RFBR grant for young scientists, 2018;
- DAAD and SPSU «Dmitrij Mendeleev» scholarship, 2016;
- St. Petersburg's Government grant for Phd students, 2016;
- Russian Government scholarship for Phd students, 2016-2018;
- Bruno Rossi diploma for the best new talents, International School for Subnuclear Physics, Erice, Italy, 2016.
Classes: "Classic field theory (workshop)", spring term, 3rd year of undergraduate school; "Quantum electrodynamics (workshop)", fall term, 4th year of undergraduate school.